New York, NY – The top dogs in the nation were crowned from an overall combined entry of more than 1,800 dogs this past weekend at the AKC National Agility Championship, AKC Preferred National Agility Championship, AKC National Obedience Championship and AKC Rally National Championship. Competitions were held March 15-17th, 2019 at the Built Ford Tough Livestock Complex and Central Park Hall at Expo Square in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
“It was a pleasure to watch these outstanding performances as the new National Champions were crowned,” said Doug Ljungren, AKC Executive Vice President of Sports and Events. “These dogs represent the very finest in their sports from across the country. We’re delighted to celebrate the dedication of these talented dogs and handlers.”
The second annual Patricia R. Krause “Soaring Eagle” Perpetual Memorial Trophy was presented to Sharri Sibert and her Labrador Retriever, OTCH Sharrigans Purdy Birdie Boy Samson UDX9 OGM SH of Schoolcraft, MI. The award was bestowed upon the 51st‐ranked dog at the end of the day‐one competition, to recognize their efforts and to remind them to never give up.
The 2019 Winners:
AKC National Obedience Championship
The 2019 AKC National Obedience Champion is:
- GCH CH OTCH Callista Eye Candy Sportingfield UDX4 OM6 HSAs HSBs, a Border Collie known as “Maverick,” handled by Mitzi Tinaglia of Roanoke, VA.
- 1st Runner-Up: OTCH High Times Totally Sauced UDX4 PCD OM6 SH, a Golden Retriever known as “Juiced,” handled by Sharri Sibert of Schoolcraft, MI.
- 2nd Runner-Up: OTCH Goldenloch Lay Down Your Bets UDX39 OGM RN, a Golden Retriever known as “Layla,” handled by Peggy McConnell of Dallas, TX.
- 3rd Runner-Up: OTCH High Times Uncharted Waters UDX22 OGM GN RA TKN, a Golden Retriever known as “Beacon,” handled by Kathy Rasinowich of Burnsville, MN.
AKC Rally® National Championship
The 2019 AKC Rally® National Champion is:
- OTCH Shadowlends Winter Mist of Aws UDX12 OGM VER RM RAE3, a Schipperke known as “Misty,” handled by Carol S T Davis of Watsonville, CA.
- Rally Master: OTCH MACH2 Highroller Summer Triangle UDX8 OGM VER RM MH MXS MJS MXP MJP SCN THD TKP, a Golden Retriever known as “Vega,” handled by Joanne Bockhorn of Marine, IL.
- Rally Excellent: Renegade’s Crusade CD PCD BN RE CGCA CGCU TKI, an All-American Dog known as “Rennie,” handled by Heidi Lengel of Woodland Park, CO.
- Rally Advanced: Wigglebutt Makin’ Me Bounce UDX PCDX OM2 BN GO RAE FDC SWA SIM SCE SEE SHDN CGCA TKA, a Miniature American Shepherd known as “Bounce,” handled by Barb Kelm of Kandiyohi, MN.
- Rally Intermediate: Mountain Cross Make A Splash BN RI FDC OAP AJP XFP SCN SBN THDA CGCA TKP, a Miniature American Shepherd known as “Splash,” handled by Merry Zakrzewski of Little Rock, AR.
- Rally Novice: OTCH Gad’s Mysterious Marigold UDX OM3 GN RN, a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever known as “Goldie,” handled by Kathleen Keller of Flemington, NJ.
AKC National Agility Champions
Placing first in their height division (8″, 12″, 16″, 20″, 24” and 24C” respectively) were:
- 8”: GCH CH MACH Starstruck Oh My Word! MXB MJS OF, a Papillon known as “Gabby,” handled by Andrea Samuels of Westbury, NY.
- 12”: MACH Bilbo’s Precious MXB MJB, a Papillon known as “Bilbo,” handled by Britney Imhof of Galloway, OH.
- 16”: Rival’s Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This MX MXJ, a Border Collie known as “Annie,” handled by Naci Berkoz of Reseda, CA.
- 20”: NAC MACH Solar Hops For Joy RN MXS MJS MXF T2B2, a Border Collie known as “Hops,” handled by Sarah Baker of Bonney Lake, WA.
- 24”: Ignited Rr Fiery Fast Furgus MX MXJ OF, a Border Collie, known as “Furgus,” handled by Bob Howard of Southington, CT.
- 24C”: MACH Cedar Veja Du MXS MJG, a Border Collie known as “Jimmy,” handled by Jennifer Martin of Berthoud, CO.
AKC Preferred National Agility Champions
Placing first in their height divisions (4”, 8”, 12”, and 16” respectively) were:
- 4”: PNAC MACH9 PACH6 Logan Lake Hope MXC2 MJG3 MXP15 MXPS2 MJP16 MJPS2 PAX6 XF T2B CGC, an All American Dog known as “Logan,” handled by Kim Barton of Johnstown, OH.
- 8”: PACH Charlie VI RA MX MXJ MXPB MJPB PAX, an All American Dog known as “Charlie,” handled by Lindy Luopa of Minneapolis, MN.
- 12”: MACH11 Swan Song’s Kiss From Kiwi RA MXS3 MJS3 MXP MJP MXF T2B7, an Australian Cattle Dog known as “Maizey,” handled by Anne Swan of Santa Barbara, CA.
- 16”: GCH CH OTCH MACH8 Darksides Kick’N It Up A Notch UDX OM2 BN RE PT MXC2 MJC2 MXP2 MJP MFB TQX T2B2 DS DJ, a Border Collie known as “Knotch,” handled by Amber McCune of Bedford, NH.
Watch these amazing dogs earn their championship titles on demand at www.akc.tv or via the AKC.TV Roku and Apple TV apps.