MEET. PLAY. LOVE.
The AKC & Royal Canin BRING Nation’s largest Canine Extravaganza BACK TO ORLANDO
Pictured Above – ShowSight Editor Emeritus Joeseph McGinnis presents Best Booth In Show award to The Mastiff Club of America at the 2017 Meet The Breeds Booth competiion in Orlando.
New York, NY (Oct. 22, 2018) — Canine Extravaganza, the nation’s largest celebration of dogs, returns to Orlando’s Orange County Convention Center’s North/South Building this December 15th and 16th with exciting elements for all dog lovers.
Presented by the American Kennel Club® (AKC) and Royal Canin, this two-day event takes place on Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., with plenty of fun events and thousands of dogs for the whole family to enjoy:
- Meet and play with over 100 dog breeds at AKC Meet the Breeds®. This interactive, educational showcase helps individuals learn which breeds are best for their lifestyle straight from the experts themselves.
- Returning this year is the extremely popular North American Diving Dogs competition, where canine athletes will show off their competitive water diving skills.
- Take the family to the Fun Zone presented by pet insurance provider PetPartners, Inc. where kids can take part in all sorts of fun activities.
- See exciting demonstrations throughout the day such as AKC Trick Dog and much more!
- Shop one of the largest collections of specialized vendors at the Doggie Boutique mall and pick up unique gifts for your favorite dog lover or pet just in time for the holidays.
- Scouts and 4-H groups can participate in the AKC Patch program where they will have tons of fun and learn about dog shows.
- Stop by the Team Dog Lounge to meet our DogVisor Concierge, powered by Good Dog Helpline. Get a free consultation on which breed is best for you and head over to AKC Meet the Breeds® to get to know them in person.
Canine Extravaganza is home to one of the world’s premiere dog shows, the 2018 AKC National Championship presented by Royal Canin, where thousands of the nation’s top canine competitors will vie for the coveted Best in Show honor and the highest cash prize offered at any AKC Dog Show. Other event highlights include the AKC Agility Invitational, the AKC Obedience Classic, the National Owner-Handled Series finals, and Juniors competition in Conformation, Agility, Obedience and Rally®.
For those who can’t attend in person, extensive daytime and evening event coverage will be on akc.tv. AKC.TV is available on Roku, Apple TV and Amazon Fire TV.
# # #
ABOUT THE AMERICAN KENNEL CLUB
Founded in 1884, the American Kennel Club is a not-for-profit organization which maintains the largest registry of purebred dogs in the world and oversees the sport of purebred dogs in the United States. The AKC is dedicated to upholding the integrity of its registry, promoting the sport of purebred dogs and breeding for type and function. Along with its more than 5,000 licensed and member clubs and its affiliated organizations, the AKC advocates for the purebred dog as a family companion, advances canine health and well-being, works to protect the rights of all dog owners and promotes responsible dog ownership. More than 22,000 competitions for AKC-registered purebred dogs are held under AKC rules and regulations each year including conformation, agility, obedience, rally, tracking, herding, lure coursing, coonhound events, hunt tests, field and earthdog tests. Affiliate AKC organizations include the AKC Humane Fund, AKC Canine Health Foundation, AKC Reunite and the AKC Museum of the Dog. For more information, visit www.akc.org.
AKC, American Kennel Club, the American Kennel Club seal and design, and all associated marks and logos are trademarks, registered trademarks and service marks of The American Kennel Club, Inc.
Become a fan of the American Kennel Club on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter @AKCDogLovers.
ABOUT ROYAL CANIN USA
Royal Canin USA is a leader in science-based cat and dog health nutrition. Founded by a veterinarian in 1968, Royal Canin has 50 years of experience in delivering individualized nutritional solutions. In collaboration with an expert team of nutritionists, breeders and veterinarians from around the world, Royal Canin places cats and dogs at the central point of the innovation process. The Royal Canin product line offers a range of diets based on size, age, breed, lifestyle and therapeutic requirements. Royal Canin diets are available at veterinary hospitals and pet specialty stores nationwide. Royal Canin is a subsidiary of Mars, Incorporated. To learn more about Royal Canin, visit www.royalcanin.com and “LIKE” us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/royalcanin.us.
Show Comments (0)