New York, NY (photo courtsey The American Kennel Club): The 2018 AKC Obedience Classic and the AKC Agility Invitational took place December 15-16, 2018 in conjunction with the AKC National Championship presented by Royal Canin, demonstrating the highest level of training and teamwork between dog and handler. Obedience and agility competitions for junior handlers were held for the eighth year, and an AKC Rally® Junior competition was held for the fifth year.
AKC Obedience Classic
Four obedience dogs and their owners – one dog/handler team in each of the four classes – were crowned at the AKC Obedience Classic, which brought together 243 dogs from across the country and Canada.
Placing first in their class (Novice, Open, Utility and Masters respectively) were:
- Novice: GCH CH Rising Star’s Rhinestones and Spurs CD BN RN, a Border Collie known as “Dallas,” owned by Lara S. Avery of Somers, Connecticut.
- Open: High Times Quiet Riot CDX PCD BN, a Golden Retriever known as “Riot,” owned by Janice and Mark Curran of Titusville, New Jersey.
- Utility: Half Moon Irresistable Impulse UD RN, a Golden Retriever known as “Journey,” owned by Brenda Enders of Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
- Masters: OTCH Topbrass The Greatest Show on Earth UDX8 OGM BN GN, a Golden Retriever known as “Circus,” owned by Annette Sizemore of Greer, South Carolina.
AKC Agility Invitational
Five agility dogs and their owners – one dog/handler team in each of the five height categories – were crowned as the 2018 winners of the AKC Agility Invitational, which brought together 741 dogs from across the country and beyond.
Placing first in their height division (8", 12", 16", 20" and 24" respectively) were:
- 8" – MACH2 Kayangee Wishing Well Excuse My Dust MXG MJC (Zoom), a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel handled by Anthony Rotelle of Estell Manor, NJ
- 12" – MACH5 PACH2 Tear Em Up Tammy Trinity MXS2 MJG2 MXP8 MXPG MJP11 MJPC PAX2 MFG TQX MFP (Tammy), a Miniature Schnauzer handled by April Johnson-Mozzetti of Dade City, FL
- 16" – MACH16 Hob Nob Mystic Flame MXS4 PDG MJG4 PJG MXF TQX T2B5 (Mysti), a Border Collie handled by Jim Turner of Binghamton, NY
- 20" – MACH7 Bak In Blak's Man In Motion MXG2 PAD MJC2 PJD MFS TQX T2B3 (Decoy), a Labrador Retriever handled by Lori Hebert of Roanoke, TX
- 24" – MACH4 Pm's Grayquest Wild Blue Yonder CD JH MXS2 PAD MJS2 PJS MFB TQX T2B4 (Jif), a Weimaraner handled by Lori Barbee of Huntington Beach, CA
The junior results:
AKC Juniors Obedience/Rally Classic
Juniors who participated in the AKC Juniors Classic competed in Obedience and/or AKC Rally®. In Obedience, Juniors competed in the Beginner Novice, Preferred Novice and Preferred Open classes twice, based on their AKC obedience accomplishments. In AKC Rally®, Juniors competed in Rally Novice, Rally Intermediate, Rally Advanced or Rally Excellent, based on the dog’s AKC Rally® accomplishments.
The following awards were presented for the Highest Combined Scores from two rounds of obedience with two Rally classes, plus bonus points.
·Beginner Novice plus Rally: Burlynne Mejeris, and Soundtrack’s Cooler Nights (Cooler), an Australian Shepherd of Florida.
·Preferred Novice plus Rally: Cassandra, and Ruby Red Didelot BN RN (Ruby), a Labrador Retriever of South Carolina.
·Preferred Open plus Rally: Abigail Stark, and Drumlin’s Fuji Made for Pictures CDX BN GN RE (Fuji), a Shetland Sheepdog of Wisconsin.
Top Combined Obedience & Rally Junior Award
Based on the Highest Single Score from Obedience and Rally plus bonus points.
·Abigail Stark, and Drumlin’s Fuji Made for Pictures CDX BN GN RE (Fuji), a Shetland Sheepdog of Wisconsin.
AKC Juniors Agility Competition
Juniors who participated in the AKC Juniors Agility Competition competed in either the Junior Excellent or Superior Classes, depending on whether they had achieved an agility title.
Placing first in their height division (8", 12", 16", 20" and 24" respectively) in the Junior Excellent class were:
- 8”- CH MACH2 Amoure Beau's In The Quiet Woods MXS MJG MXP2 MJP2 (Fern), a Papillon handled by Danielle Wagner
- 12”- MACH2 Blue Shadow On The Lake MXS MJS NF CGC TKP (Shadow), a Shetland Sheepdog handled by Morgan Vance
- 16”- MACH2 Wyndspell Fireworks UD RAE2 MXS MJS MXF T2B TKA (Spark), a Border Collie handled by Avery Adams
- 20”- Bandit CDX RE AX AXJ OF (Bandit), a Border Collie handled by Ryan Klamm
- 24”- Winthrop Savvy AX AXJ XF (Savvy), a Border Collie handled by Andrew Clark
Placing first in their height division (8”, 12”, 16", 20” and 24" respectively) in the Junior Superior class were:
- 8”- MACH8 Razi MXC2 MJB3 MFS TQX T2B SWN CGCA (Razi), a Russell Terrier handled by Briana Sterling
- 12”- MACH7 Rhapsody's Enchanting Monster MXG2 MJG2 (Sulley), a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel handled by Carly Kreiser
- 16”- Liberty Hill Emit A Spark RN OA OAJ CGC TKI (Flint), a Border Collie handled by Ryan Ford
- 20”- MACH Orionwildthing CDX MXS MJS XF T2B2 (Harley), a Border Collie handled by Faith Beauchemin
- 24”- Bentlee Sawhney CD BN RE NAP NJP NFP CGC TKN (Bentlee), a Golden Retriever handled by Jada Sawhney
About the American Kennel Club
Founded in 1884, the American Kennel Club is a not-for-profit organization which maintains the largest registry of purebred dogs in the world and oversees the sport of purebred dogs in the United States. The AKC is dedicated to upholding the integrity of its registry, promoting the sport of purebred dogs and breeding for type and function. Along with its more than 5,000 licensed and member clubs and its affiliated organizations, the AKC advocates for the purebred dog as a family companion, advances canine health and well-being, works to protect the rights of all dog owners and promotes responsible dog ownership. More than 22,000 competitions for AKC-registered purebred dogs are held under AKC rules and regulations each year including conformation, agility, obedience, rally, tracking, herding, lure coursing, coonhound events, hunt tests, field and earthdog tests. Affiliate AKC organizations include the AKC Humane Fund, AKC Canine Health Foundation, AKC Reunite and the AKC Museum of the Dog. For more information, visit www.akc.org.
AKC, American Kennel Club, the American Kennel Club seal and design, and all associated marks and logos are trademarks, registered trademarks and service marks of The American Kennel Club, Inc.
Become a fan of the American Kennel Club on Facebook, follow us on Instagram @AmericanKennelClub, and follow us on Twitter @AKCDogLovers
Show Comments (0)