AKC National MISC Judge Pamela “Pam” Lambie
Best in Miscellaneous Judge
1. Can you describe your reaction to receiving an invitation to judge Best in Miscellaneous at the AKC National Championship Presented by Royal Canin?
Pamela Lambie: I consider it a privilege to be asked to judge ANY show. This one was an EXTRA SPECIAL THRILL!
2. What does it mean to judge this Group at the only all-breed show organized directly by the American Kennel Club?
Pamela Lambie: EXCITING! The entries are large in number and deep in quality.
3. In your opinion, how does this show differ from other AKC events?
Pamela Lambie: Numerous Reasons: AKC works diligently with the Orange County Convention Center to provide all who attend a safe and “first-class” experience. The venue is convenient, and the rings are large enough to accommodate the sizeable entries and they are cleaned every day. There is a wide variety of vendors to allow for shopping enjoyment. This show brings in Top Dogs and their breeders from all over the world—a fabulous way to celebrate the show year.
4. What were you thinking or feeling moments before you stepped into the center of the Best in Miscellaneous ring?
Pamela Lambie: I am going to enjoy EVERY MINUTE!
5. Was there a heightened energy coming from the dog and handler teams? Did you feel the energy of the spectators?
Pamela Lambie: There is always lots of energy among the dogs and handlers. The more prestigious the show, the more energized all become.
6. How challenging was this assignment? Can you share your selection process?
Pamela Lambie: The entries are normally small in the Miscellaneous Class at most all-breed shows. This is a show that “everyone” wants to attend and have their dogs be seen and recognized. It drew a good entry of deep quality throughout the breeds.
7. Do you have a word or two about your Best in Miscellaneous winner? About the Miscellaneous Breed winners?
Pamela Lambie: Simply, a Stand-Out!
8. A show of this magnitude is a monumental undertaking. Is there anything you’d like to say on behalf of the AKC and the show’s sponsors?
Pamela Lambie: THANK YOU!!! A show of this magnitude is a huge undertaking. Our dog show community appreciates your hard work and dedication to make this show the premier event that it is!
9. Are there specific ways in which this show furthers the cause of purebred dogs?
Pamela Lambie: This show is televised live on AKC.TV. The coverage is thorough and well-presented to the general public by Bill Ellis and Gina DiNardo.
10. Now that it’s over, what are your thoughts on the 2021 show year? What about the year ahead?
Pamela Lambie: The American Kennel Club members are crucial to keeping our sport alive! Through their perseverance and by being “creative” during the last 20 months, they’ve managed to work within the guidelines required to hold dog shows. THANK YOU!
It is my hope that this year our world will return to normal. I enjoy seeing everyone and their beautiful smiles at the dog shows!